L& J Lonsdale is a third generation family business.
After many years in the recycling industry we have gained considerable knowledge and experience and provide a comprehensive service.
Every company has individual requirements and we endeavour to meet these by offering advice on best practice.
We pride ourselves on providing a first class service to all customers and are justifiably proud of our reputation in the market place.
Our staff are our greatest asset and each member of the team has the skill, knowledge and experience necessary to provide an excellent level of customer service.
- The Company was originally established in 1926 as W.A. Lonsdale & Son.
- Len Lonsdale joined his father (Willie Arthur) at the end of the 2nd World War.
- John Lonsdale then joined Len in 1960 which continued the 2nd and 3rd generation family business.
- In 1971 our trading name was changed to L & J Lonsdale Ltd (Metal Merchants).
- John Lonsdale was appointed Managing Director in 1988 and has guided the Company to its current position by providing a Total Waste Management service
- The Company has continued to grow through diversification and develop major contracts.
- In 2011 new purpose built offices & Public Weighbridge was installed on Green Lane site.